"Call Your Mom"


When searching interactive management software sites that organize projects/productivity, I determined that what I was looking to create was called a priority matrix.

Not one to reinvent the wheel, I clicked through various platforms.  Typing into Google "priority list Excel" sent me to a cheeky YouTube tutorial led by a guy who put "call your mom"  as an Important but not Urgent priority into his formulaic but effective Excel sheet.

After a chuckle, I moved on until I found what I was looking for on Miro.com. This is a cool site that bills itself as an Online Visual Collaboration Platform for Teamwork. It wasn't very difficult to create the board I wanted and move through the keystrokes to create my priority matrix...



It worked better for me to designate the above headings rather than what to do first or what do to second as there are some skills that might be pre-requisite to mastering others.  Therefore, I chose the outcomes I wanted in order of desirability.

The assignment was a valuable opportunity to think through my tech-learning goals, prioritize them and set them down in an accessible format. This format also allows for me to change my priorities and to move the stickies around, if necessary. It was also instructive as I was able to discover many of the different platforms with multiple applications that are available.


 - J

Comments

  1. Hi January,

    This is an excellent demonstration. Miro reminds me of Mural except with more colorful and different shapes of sticky notes. It's very important to maintain the collaborative environment in the age of the pandemic so I'm glad to see that this program you've masterfully used incorporates that into it's wide application. There's probably a lot that can be creatively done with these types of free easily accessible online programs. It's also skillful that you were able to prioritize and demonstrate your technology abilities simultaneously. I'll hopefully become as skillful one day.

    Best,

    Mr. Baldi 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts